Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our website—https://kristinahallauthor.wordpress.com
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
- Basic account information: For example, email address and username when you leave a comment.
- Public profile information: Your public profile information is just that — public — so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Content information: You might provide us with information about you in draft and published content (a blog post or comment that includes biographic information about you, or any media or files you upload).
- Communications with us: You may also provide us with information when you communicate with us via comment.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Interactions with the site: We collect some information about your interactions with the site, such as your “Likes.”
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purpose listed below:
- To customize the user experience.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
How We Share Information
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
- To protect rights, property, and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect third parties or the public at large.
- Published support requests: If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. That means information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on your website, and your “Likes” and comments on other websites are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share publicly.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it.
You have choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide.
- Set your browser to reject cookies.
How to Reach Us
*adapted from https://automattic.com/privacy/